Wednesday, September 27, 2006

July 14.

Yesterday:

-Jess dropped a big pile of timber on my fingers.
-My island crush asked me my name.
-I heard a pig being slaughtered.
-I realized the irony of the fact that this whole island is a cocoa plantation but there is no chocolate anywhere.

Today I've been feeling a little hostile towards everything - I'm just getting frustrated with how much seems to be expected of us yet how little we're given to work with. Our diet doesn't give us enough energy, especially for the veggos - we're on the worksite 7-5, 4 days a week, leaving us one day to do our small teams projets (which isn't enough, and the free time we have is at lunch, when we're dead tired, and then after work, when we essentially wash, shower, eat , go to bed, maybe playing some guitar or some scrabble first) and then the weekend with our host families. On top of this we are supposed to run a workshop on the importance of education in 8 villages! We have 2 weeks left here, and I really want to want to be doing this, and I think I would, under different terms. Right now, I'm overwhelmed. Chocolate would probably help - I've started eating powdered Milo on its own...

I want chocolate. I really, really want chocolate.

No comments: