Monday, October 15, 2007

Birthday

Day 6

I cried until I passed out, and then I tried as hard as I could to not get up as long as possible. I was just dreading this birthday. So I finally got up, received my gift of two Kit Kat bars from Rachel, and got ready to go observe our first class, which was the way in which Kojen had decided I was to spend the night of my birthday. Why we couldn’t have observed a class in Kaohsiung, or even at the Kojen branch that was two blocks from our temporary apartment, is beyond me. Nothing at Kojen has made sense to me so far. Instead, we hoofed out to a part of the city that we weren’t familiar with, with patchy directions, to look for a street that was spelled incorrectly on the directions, and then spent four hours watching other people teach. We were going to check out the Shilin night markets afterwards, but tired and frustrated decided to head back to the apartment instead, where Rachel promptly fell asleep, and I spent the end of the worst birthday ever on the couch by myself.

No comments: