Thursday, June 15, 2006

3,2,1, Takeoff.

So, last Friday, my life became mayhem - and today things are about to become far mayhem-ier (this is my space and I therefore reserve the right to make up words as I do so choose, and for those of you who have ever played scrabble with me you know I like to do this, and always get away with it. I should write a dictionary of Jo words and Joanna-isms - maybe later.) Anyway, I just spent two weeks in Hamilton and an amazing weekend in Montreal where I got to spend time with good old friends (and where Jessie, Sheree, Meg and I managed to polish off all the liquor in my father's house) We went to a fabulous karaoke establishment (sans liquor license, pour le moment, but glorious nonetheless) with private rooms and funny little cartoon dancers. I then proceeded to Ottawa for convocation and goodbyes...I am now officially a university graduate and I am very sad at the loss of some very important people - I hope Susan, Anne and Lauren really enjoy grad school in Vancouver and Halifax, because it damn well better be worth them leaving us behind!

I'm leaving in just about an hour. I have no expectations and am looking forward to finding out what's in store for me. I'm nervous (especially about the excruciatingly long plane ride) I'm excited, I am, as the great Marc Elias once said, a "ziplock bag full of (many) emotions". I've got my bugnet, a couple of pairs of underwear, a good book and an open mind and I'm as ready as I'm going to be....

Til next time from Down Under!

Peace and love.

1 comment:

Andrea Goldman said...

Both your father and I love the fact that Tony loved it down under.

Andrea (Cousin, not aunt) and Mark